We are trusting God for His continued hand of blessing on SCA and are anticipating a fantastic upcoming school year!
*Please note that as the level of community spread of the virus changes, our guidelines will adjust accordingly.
We are pleased to announce that we will be returning to normal operations at SCA in August of 2021!
A return to Pre-COVID Operations includes:
- No zoning of students—all grades will be together on the school campus
- No masks will be required by students or staff, but may be worn if desired
- No social distancing requirement with staff and students
- No mandatory temperature checks at beginning of each school day
- No student or staff vaccinations required
- Presence of current handwashing stations and thorough cleaning of high touch areas will continue
- Continuing current monitoring of students who may come to school ill or become ill during the school day
- Quarantining of students & staff who become infected with COVID or who may be close contacts to those infected according to DPH/CDC guidelines at the start of school
The current protocols are currently in place:
- Any student, teacher, or staff member that is not feeling well will be asked to stay home to prevent the spread of any illness. This is the most important measure we can all take.
- Personal hygiene and the use of hand sanitizer are strongly encouraged throughout the campus, especially in the classroom.
- Masks are optional for those individuals who choose to wear them.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces periodically throughout the day including restrooms.
- Our kitchen workers are masked to ensure the highest safety in the lunchroom.
- All drinking fountains are being turned off. We encourage all students to bring water bottles to school. Disposable ones are preferred. Please do NOT bring metal ones if at all possible. The students are encouraged to bring more than one bottle. Secondary students can store them in their lockers. They will be able to refill bottles at the refilling station in the high school. Elementary students will be able to use the classroom and workroom sinks to refill bottles with the help of staff.